Live The Sweet Life With Castello del Poggio's Refreshing Wine Cocktails!
In honor of National Red Wine Day – and because vino is simply the greatest drink on the planet – we've made you a roundup of the coolest wine cocktails to celebrate the end of summer! Courtesy of Italy's finest sweet wine label, Castello del Poggio, these easy to make drink recipes will have you wondering why you didn't think of adding Moscato into your Gin & Tonic sooner. We know some girls prefer an iced rosé or chilled Prosecco, to a lovely glass of red, which is why this list has a little bit of everything, for every type of Golden Gal. Mix them up and enjoy!
- Crushed Ice
- 1 oz. Silver Cachaca - Novo Fogo
- 1/4 oz. Drambuie Liquor
- Barspoon Honey Syrup 2:1 parts
- Barspoon Cane Sugar Syrup 1:1 parts
- 8 drops Orange Blossom Water
- 4 oz. Castello del Poggio Prosecco - Demi Sec
Add all the ingredients but the prosecco into the pilsner flute filled half way with crush ice, stir briefly, add more crush ice to the top and complete with Prosecco, stir again. Garnish with orange peel.
- Ice Cubes
- 1 oz. Pisco Acholado - Campo de Encanto
- 1/4 oz. Cacao Liquor - Marie Brizard
- BarspoonCoconut Liquor - Kalani
- Barspoon Ginger Liquor - Domaine De Canton
- 4 oz. Castello del Poggio Sparkling Moscato
In a highball glass filled with solid ice cubes add the ingredients, pour the prosecco at last. Stir a couple times to integrate the ingredients. Garnish with a lemon wheel and a thyme sprig.
Overlooking the Vineyard
By Cody Goldstein, Consultant and Influencer @muddlingmemories
- 4 oz. Poggio Moscato
- 1.5 oz. London Dry Gin
- .50 Lillet
- .25 Cointreau
- .25 Suze
Pour Gin, Lillet, Cointreau, Suze in a mixing glass with ice. Stir for 7 seconds and strain into a wine glass with a big rock. Pour in Moscato on top. Garnish with a lemon peel and orange peel.
By Wilfredo Briceno, Bartender at Miss Paradis
- 6 oz. Poggio Moscato
- 2 oz. Junmai Sake
- .50 oz. fresh blackberry puree
Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until blended and pour into a large wine glass filled with ice. Garnish with strawberry and blackberry.
By Zonin USA
- 2.5 oz. Poggio Moscato
- 1 oz. Calvados (Preferably from Pays d'Auge)
- .25 oz. Maraschino Liqueur
Add Calvados and Maraschino to mixing glass. Stir briefly with ice. Strain into ice filled Snifter. Add Moscato. Stir gently to integrate. Garnish with 1 sprig of rosemary and 1 slice of cucumber placed gently into glass.
By Tenzin Samdo, Beverage Director at Tavern Road
- 4 oz. Castello Del Poggio Sweet Red
- 1/2 oz. Aperol
- 1/2 oz. Elderflower Liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Lemon juice
- Top with 2 oz. Ginger beer
Add all ingredients, except for ginger beer, to a wine glass filled with ice. Stir and top with ginger beer. Garnish with an orange slice & mint sprig (edible flower, optional).
By Josue Romero, Bartender at Odd Birds Bar
- 3 oz. Castello del Poggio Rosé
- 1 oz. Distilled Gin
- 1/2 oz. Lychee Liqueur
- 1/8 oz. Velvet Falernum
- 1/2 oz. Lemon Juice
- 2 Dashes Peychaud's Bitters
Shake all ingredients, except rosé, into a cocktail shaker with ice. Serve in a Champagne Flute and top with Rosé. Garnish with a lychee in a skewer.