Your Golden Guide To The Perfect At-Home Date Night
For those chill romantics who are thinking of surprising bae with a super-fab, ultra-yum, intimate-as-f*** at-home dinner, we’re here to help. From the scented candles you need to adorn your bathtub to the Salmon breakfast you just have to try, we’ve got everything you need to make this V-day bomb as ever.
Set The Mood With Bright Endeavors' Charitable Soy Candles
Whether it's around your bathtub, in your room or lighting up the dinner table, these delicious scented candles will turn your date night into pure romance from the very start.
A brand which spreads beauty and love with every one of their gorgeous pieces, Bright Endeavors is the perfect choice for a romantic Valentine’s setting. Every luxe glass candle is designed to warm your home and ignite the romance.
- Lavender Sprig: Fresh lavender relaxes the mind and promotes calmness and wellness.
- Sandalwood Patchouli: Light, Cypre Sandalwood accompanies a complex, minty patchouli incense to enliven courage and strength.
- Vanilla Honey: Decadent vanilla bean united with sweet honey and mellow nutmeg to warm your senses and elevate your mood.
This February 14th support this wonderful social enterprise in helping young moms out of poverty. Decorate your home with hope and let love light the way.
Get It On With Music Lovemakers’ Playlist
Everyone knows that the right song can either make or break a perfect night, which is why YogiTunes’ carefully-crafted sensual melodies are absolutely perfection. The love playlist is a subtle, deeply sexual mix that moves through tenderness, sparse but swelling vocals, and multiple slow peaks of luscious, hypnotic rhythms. Created to cultivate presence in the body, it is intended to bring forward the pleasure that arises from waves of sonic body love and enhance a sense of intimacy, fine tuning you to the rhythms of your lover.
Listen to the playlist here and get ready to romance the night away.
Cook Up An Intimate Dinner
For the lovers seeking to spice things up, consider trying out these fiery aphrodisiac foods – courtesy of Sea Catch Restaurant & Raw Bar. You’ll be surprised at the effect that these delicious foods will have on your body. After all, a little extra lust never hurts.
- Oysters: Perhaps the most popular of aphrodisiacs, oysters contain zinc, which helps to produce testosterone. They also have amino acids, which are believed to prompt sex hormone production.
- Chili peppers: These hot babies creates a heated sensation in the body, which stirs up the passion, warmth and moisture in the body.
- Chocolate: Classic romantic and filled with aphrodisiac qualities, chocolate is the one treat every lover should taste on a Valentine’s date night.
- Red wine: Known for enhancing blood flow, relaxing the body and brightening the spirit, a glass of red is sure to get hearts pumping on a romantic evening. Plus, a light red wine pairs well with rich fish.
- Scallops: For many years, people have believed that scallops provide a sexual hormone level boost in both men and women. This belief arose from Greece, when legend has it that Aphrodite, goddess of love, was carried to Earth on a scallop shell.
Make A Passionate Toast
Killer in Red
For true V-Day feels, there is nothing like Campari’s newest Italian gem: the Campari Red Diaries. The star of the show is the rouge Killer in Red cocktail and the princess is you. The project – which involves much more than just a fancy mixed drink – guides viewers through 2017 with a short film for each month. Each short film focuses on the ethos that “every cocktail tells a story” and features a globally renowned bartender as the narrator. The U.S.’s bartender representative is mixology legend Julie Reiner of Clover Club, Flatiron Lounge and Leyenda. View films here and enjoy the iconic taste of this killer cocktail.
- 3/4 oz. Campari
- 3/4 oz. Cinzano 1757 Bianco
- 1/2 oz. Grand Marnier
- 3/4 oz. Chamomile Gin
- Drop of Rose Essence
Pour all the ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice and stir with a bar spoon. Strain the cocktail into a chilled coupe. Finish with a drop of rose essential oil and serve.
Mundo Love Cocktail
Whether you are a sexy single or coupled up, “Mundo Love” is the elixir that is sure to incite passion and excitement. Visit Mundo on February 14th to get a taste!
- 1oz. raspberry vodka
- 1 oz. citrus vodka
- 1/2 oz chambord
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 1 tbl spoon simple syrup
- 2 tbl spoons cranberry juice
Banfi – our favorite wine importer of the moment – has recently gifted us with their newest love-themed masterpiece: Rosa Regale, a sparkling red wine that has a seductive sweetness, an intense ruby red color, pleasant fizz and perfume of roses and fruit. An ideal choice for the wine-loving lady, this red bubbly is the luxurious touch your palate needs on this romantic night.
This delicate yet dry rosé by Bollinger is fresh as a rose and delicious as love itself. The unique Champagne demonstrates the luxurious brand's flawless red wine-making skills and highlights luscious notes of wild berry, red currant and cherry with velvety fine bubbles. Nothing can outshine this glorious bubbly on a dreamy Valentine's night.
Close The Deal With A Next-Day Breakfast
There’s nothing better than waking up the day after Valentine’s and being welcomed by a picture-perfect breakfast. Because we love you, we’ve brought you some of our absolute favorites – courtesy of Slimming World – for the early bird couples.
- Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- Ham, Broccolini and Red Pepper Frittata
- Mocha, Vanilla, and Chocolate Cups
See recipes here and enjoy!